Neurocity is a roleplaying game by designer Gavriel Quiroga, who recently gifted me a copy.
The game surprised me quite a bit (think Orwell's 1984 meets The Matrix meets Paranoia!), so here I am to share my impressions.
But first, some facts.
- Neurocity was funded in August with a successful Kickstarter with more than 200 backers.
- It is a 105 pages book, available now on drivethrurpg both as a pdf and as Print on Demand softcover book.
- The pages are black & white (or rather: grey scale), with an occasional splash of red in the text, and (nice, in my opinion) b/w art.
- The game features a unique game system (2d6, roll under), strictly tied to the setting.
- As stated in the book, the game is meant for short campaign play of 3 or 4 sessions.