What with the holidays and my baby girl being sick, I've missed a couple of my usual Saturday tables, so here I am to make amends.
In the meantime, though, a lot has happened! ZineQuest4 has been officially postponed to August, but the creators' community has organized an alternative for this February: ZineMonth, or ZiMo!
And that's not all! I've set up the pre-launch page for Axian Library, my contribution to the ZineMonth! If you've enjoyed my random tables and OSE-licensed electronic/print-at-home zines, the project is definitely for you: more information in Axian Library post.
And that's not all, again! My friend & designer Danilo Moretti has launched his very first Kickstarter with a cool OSR offering: a series of Pamphlet Islands, which just got funded!
I think that's enough for today, whew!
So here's the table: d20 curses for OSE and other OSR games. These are also a preview of my upcoming Pious Prayers & Powerful Prodigies.
- Hands tremble (-4 to attack rolls).
- Crippled, movement halved.
- STR halved (minimum 3).
- INT halved (minimum 3).
- DEX halved (minimum 3).
- CON halved (minimum 3).
- Painful sores: 20% of the character’s total hp don’t heal in any way.
- Bad luck, -2 to saving throws.
- A permanent Blight spell on the character.
- The character cannot lie and must always tell the truth.
- Vision is obfuscated past 40’.
- Daylight imposes -4 to all attack rolls.
- Nightmares disturb the character’s sleep: healing from rest only works after a successful WIS check.
- The character can no longer read (includes scrolls).
- The character’s spoken words become an unintelligible gibberish.
- Magic items don't work for the character. Cursed items are not affected.
- All retainers, followers, hirelings, specialists, etc, turn their back on the character.
- All shields and armor fall off from the character, who can no longer use them.
- The character’s words are only understood by creatures of the same alignment.
- Roll and combine two results, or devise something based on the character’s story and current situation.